Study Shows Good Practices in Attracting and Retaining Workers in Construction Industry
Paving companies across the U.S. shared their workforce challenges in a new study. The conclusions to attract and retain workers can apply across construction, not only in the asphalt facet. The findings were presented in full at World of Asphalt 2018 in Houston.
Here are the top five best practices. Click here to read the full article.
1. Best-in-class companies treat their human resources efforts as an integral part of their comprehensive corporate strategy.
2. Attract and retain millennials in your workforce.
3. Place a greater emphasis on the importance of infrastructure to society and offer more opportunities for on-the-job learning and advancement to prospective employees.
4. As an intergenerational cultural and workforce issue, marijuana is too big for employers to ignore.
5. Remember: your current employees are your top recruiting resource (really look at how you’re treating them).